Lots to do for the whole family.
Year 2 received letters from the Year 2 children at Harton Primary School telling them what they enjoyed doing at school and asking them questions about what our school is like. Here is a photo of year 2 reading their letters. They then wrote a reply letter.
On Thursday 6th June all of Year 2 visited Washington Wetland Centre. As part of their Habitats topic in science they took part in three lead activities. They enjoyed pond dipping, a mini beast hunt and a map work session looking at world habitats and adaptions of the creatures living there.They had talks on otters and flamingos. They then had free time to visit the mini beast garden, the duckery, hide and of course the play park. A great time was had by all.
Every child from reception to Y6 will have the opportunity to take part in our annual egg competition. Eggs will be designed and made in school.
- Children will design and make the eggs during school time.
- It is strictly one egg per design – although children may wish to bring a spare egg in case of accidents or ‘redrafting’.
- As we have so many children in the school we are sadly unable to allow backgrounds for the designs. (The judging will be on the egg not the holder.)
- Children will be given a holder for their egg design.
- All eggs will be will be displayed at the Easter Fayre on Tuesday 2nd April and Wednesday 3rd April 2019.
- Children will have access to a wide variety of art resources in school, but if they do need something very specific they may wish to bring it with them. Please note that although ‘extras’ can be brought the majority of the egg and attachments should be made in school.
This is a fun activity, which the children thoroughly enjoy. Thank you for your support.
Here are instructions for each particular year group: –
No eggs needed.
Reception and Year 1
Please bring a hard boiled egg for Monday 1st April.
Year 2 – Year 5
All children require a hard boiled egg for Monday 1st April. Although we ask for nothing to be made at home, children may paint the egg one colour (a base colour) before bringing to school.
Year 6 – All children to bring a hard-boiled egg Friday 29th March. Although we ask for nothing to be made at home, children may paint the egg one colour (a base colour) before bringing to school.
If parents wish to contribute an egg to the adult competition, please drop it into the office by Monday 1st April.
Thank you for your continued support.
Our Reception children enjoyed a visit from the school Dental Nurses this week to highlight how important it is to clean their teeth and how to keep their mouths healthy.
They really enjoyed the question and answer time and hands on experience with the dental equipment.
Science club has got off to a great start with ten budding Year 2 scientists. Week one saw the children engaging in a ‘Magic Ball’ activity and week two involved making a laughing chicken. The children work enthusiastically during the club and the staff are so impressed with their scientific knowledge. All of the children are currently growing an alligator at home with the help of their parents. We will all look forward to the next session.
Our children have taken part in a wide variety of different sporting events and have done extremely well.