Over 160 of our children will be taking part in the Big Garden Bird Watch this weekend. Details of what to do are below:
1) Choose an hour during 26th-28th January. Watch the birds in your garden or local park for one hour.
2) Only count the birds that land in your garden or park, not those flying over.
3) The same birds may land more than once. To avoid counting them twice, record the highest number of each bird species you see at any one time – not the total number you count over the hour.
4) Tell us what you saw – even if it was nothing!
5) Send your completed tally sheet into your child’s class teacher so that the results for the school can be collated and sent to the RSPB. Please do not submit your results on an individual basis to the RSPB as we are registered as a school.
Further guidance and information can be found on rspb.org.uk/birdwatch
If sheets can be returned to school during the week of 28th January we would be most grateful.